phpBB 3.06 soon..

milk

phpBB 3.06 soon..

Post by milk » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:55 pm

rc4 just out - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1840745

i, or someone who has time, will install it once the final is out.

it provides RSS feeds to forums. this means that it'll be possible to aggregate BB happenings to the main site. i'd like to attempt a redesign at some point after to use this ability and make the front page more productive and things easier to navigate in general.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

milk

Re: phpBB 3.06 soon..

Post by milk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:12 am

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1859035

someone from Dark Arts will get on it soon.. maybe me if i can find a good enough connection for long enough :)
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

milk

Post by milk » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:17 am

the bb has been upgraded. it shouldn't have accected the BBs features that much.

if anything has gone bad, please comment and i'll look into it, thanks.

milk

Post by milk » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:19 am

hmm, 'View unread posts' and 'View new posts' have swapped around? was that a hack or a mod.. doot de doo..

saw the older thread about the mod previously used. apparently the 'View unread posts' feature is part of the core software now. but i don't think it changes depending on the existance of unread posts or not.. will loook into this..

milk

Post by milk » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:04 pm

aaah, fuck you Drupal. i can't get it to aggregate the feeds. will bother later.

neil

Post by neil » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:27 pm

This is the alteration you had to apply to the unread posts mod which would take you to the first new post in the changed thread:
OPEN
search.php

FIND
'U_VIEW_TOPIC' => $view_topic_url,

REPLACE WITH
'U_VIEW_TOPIC' => ($search_id == 'unread') ? $view_topic_url . '&view=unread#unread' : $view_topic_url,
I looked up the search.php file and this line is unchanged (ie the hack is still in place), so the new default system is obviously working in a different way.

Here's an update from the unread posts mod page:
effective as of phpbb3.0.6, phpbb now includes a view unread posts link so this mod no longer adds that, but it stll toggles the text from view unread posts ot you have no unread posts depending on whether there are any unread posts and it still performs the other functions of the original mod
Possibly we just want to reinstall the unread posts mod, so things work in the way we're used to?

milk

Post by milk » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:54 am

sounds like it. i'll try this when i next get proper net access unless someone else with access would live to give it a spin.

milk

Post by milk » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:06 am

feckin heck, this is annoying. i've installed automod and tried that method of reapplying the mod. came up with several unpatchable lines. gah, why can't they use hooks and release full upgrade files..

backing up the bb now

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:01 am

good work on the up grade .

any chance we can get back "mark all posts as read" it seems to of disapeared

thanks

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

neil

Post by neil » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:04 pm

Partly sorted. I went through all the required code changes for the mod. Some were present, some weren't. I added in the missing bits and also added in the comments that go next to the modded code.

This still needs to be done:
Go into the ACP styles section and click 'refresh' (and confirm) for prosilver's templates.
I don't seem to have admin privileges anymore so can't do it myself.

One thing that's still not working is the automatic jump to the first unread post in the topic. I can't see what more we need to do to sort this. However, if you click on the little yellow icon in the list of unread posts it will take you to the first unread post instead of the start of the topic. That's a nuisance, I know, but it's the best we can do for now.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:18 pm

thanks neil for the return of "mark as read" .

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

neil

Post by neil » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:00 pm

Thanks. Now the refresh is done, all changes are applied. The 'view new posts' link is gone. It was confusing. But it could be brought back if needed. I was hoping the "view unread posts" button would say "you have no unread posts" when you have no unread posts, but that ain't happening. Oh well. At least it's more like it was before. I'm having to get into the habit of pressing the wee yellow button.

milk

Post by milk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:53 pm

lynne noted today that 'View Active Topics' wasn't working. i checked and it turns out that there was a bug in earlier versions of phpBB3 which means that forums turned up on that page regardless of their actual Active Topic setting. so i've turned this setting on for all forums (50 config page tabs later..) and they're back again!

nix

Post by nix » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:04 am

thanks milk.

I was almost dead from my lack of View active topics.