Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:12 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 1231
Present: Gandolf, Sam, rachel, Ken, Lucea, Julie, Grant, Raul, Michal, mike, lynne


Studios - evrything is good, Nix has cleared the fire exits. all studios are full, all artists have paid, all bar one are up to date with volunteer hours. ≈


Cave -

It is open. All equipment is working, one PA speaker is broke, Owen has ordered component and will fit it. Cave booked approx a third of the time.
BookingSystem will be re-written.
Proposal accepted: Morning rental is 3 hours from 10am to 1pm for price of 2 hours.

Darkroom -
meetings every tue.
pinhole Day 25th April, informal workshop 20th march, everyone would come and make a simple pinhole camera.


screenprint -

it will move into CraftyRoom. There will be an action day soon...


Woodwork. -

Still need a list of tools needed, still need to move the metal work stuff out.
Need to keep the power tools cabinet looked.

Proposal accepted: a list of people that are deemed compitent will be created and only these people will be given access to the power tools key. Ken, Nix, Gandolf, Jude, Jamie, mike, rachel. Sam. - any two of these people can add a new person to the list.
AP: rachel to create actionpoint scedule to improve functionality.
AP: nix to speak to Matt about moving Bike gen stuff. and will make sure
AP: Ken to get screws & screw table together.



Hall -
Proposal: The hall is an ArtistFacility. we offer to bring the Hall Project into the Artist Facilities Working Group, subject to ForestWorkingGroup approval.

Multi core, we have a 24chanel desk and a dodgy 6 channel Multicore.
we need more. 15m? 8 (or more) channels? XLR, should be portable.

lockable box for mics etc.

Blackout Curtains.

AP: Gandolf to measure the windows.






Hall action day.


AP: Mike. explore what activities are limited by Forest insurance.
AP: Mike to find solutions to buzzword issues


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: Edinburgh, UK
what part of the hall, above and beyond AF Sound Team equipment maintenance, would now be an AF responsibility? fixing windows/wiring/etc i take it? was there anyone specifically responsible for this before, or is this just a responsibility boundary/framework that wasn't explicitly stated before?

on screenprint - can anyone confirm what the situation is with rescheduling workshops from the Crafty Room to the Action Room? has gio fillled lukas in on this?

on the cave - what's the situation with the return of the Forest Jam?

_________________
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 1231
milk wrote:
what part of the hall, above and beyond AF Sound Team equipment maintenance, would now be an AF responsibility? fixing windows/wiring/etc i take it? was there anyone specifically responsible for this before, or is this just a responsibility boundary/framework that wasn't explicitly stated before?


The Hall has always been an Admin/Building Manager responsibility. But now "Forest Up Venue coordinator" is an EVS role. Bookings, promotion, maintainance are now their responsibility. There will be a "formal" project outline soon.

thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:30 pm
Posts: 25
Measurements of curtain sizes for hall windows:

3 windows:
6 metres high x 3.6 m wide
This is for a single curtain across the widest part of each opening and overlapping wall on sides, above and below.

1 window (mostly obscured by balcony):
top: 2m high (above balcony)
bottom: 2.3m high (below balcony)
This is for a single curtain across the widest part of each opening and overlapping wall on sides, above and below.

Note: If curtains are to be 2 pieces opening centrally there needs to be an additional overlap.

Gandolf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:37 pm
Posts: 179
About the black out curtains, is there anyone who is up for ? good at finding grants for the costs of the curtains aswell as a good and cheap place to make them?

would be great if someone hade some nice advice or was up for doing it

cheers
cornelia

_________________
tack och hej leverpastej


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 1231
Quote:
what's the situation with the return of the Forest Jam?


the feeling from past AF Meetings was..."if there is a responsible person willing to be there for the entirety of the session, and lead it as a constructive workshop, then it could happen"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group