edit and delete own posts?

chris

edit and delete own posts?

Post by chris » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:00 am

why are these options disabled? i want to be do these, i used to be able to, bring em back!

Chris x
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

ChaoticReality

Re: edit and delete own posts?

Post by ChaoticReality » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:26 am

They've been disabled in most public forums for at least as long as I've been using the Forest bb.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

chris

Post by chris » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:32 am

why?
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:02 pm

I have no idea.

If you read my post, it says it's been that way as long as I've been here, and thus I didn't know it was any different. I posted because your post implied the ability had vanished recently, when I don't think it has.

You can still edit your posts in some forums (FWG? maybe). Maybe milk/duncan/swith can clarify?
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

chris

Post by chris » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:13 pm

definitely used to be able to. probably it is just a click away for an admin to return that power.

milk

Post by milk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:05 pm

*shrugs*

i don't rememer any change.. possibly we should enable it? but i'd be for turning it off again the second some twat uses it to change what they've said half-way through a debate to make another look bad. i'd like to think that wouldn't happen, but you do get all sorts on the BB..
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

chris

Post by chris » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:14 pm

milk wrote:some twat uses it to change what they've said half-way through a debate to make another look bad. i'd like to think that wouldn't happen, but you do get all sorts on the BB..
yeah, thats a pretty low thing to do, (although normally the post will say it has been edited, so that doesnt really work). Editing posts is really helpful, if you see something you wrote is unclear, or you post the wrong link or whatever.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:07 pm

I agree with chris.

Another forum I'm on allows you to edit your posts for up to 30 minutes after you post them and then they become static. Maybe we could implement something like that here?
Mike

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Another forum I'm on allows you to edit your posts for up to 30 minutes after you post them and then they become static.
thats really clever. we should enable that iff possible. cause i take Milks point about doctoring the past...
you initial spelling error was intentional then Chris?
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:24 pm

I've set editing/deleting time to 30 minutes. Use it wisely.

milk

Post by milk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:58 pm

thankin thee!
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

chris

Post by chris » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:02 pm

I still can't edit. and see no need for a time delay...

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:28 pm

Don't worry - I can still edit your posts.

You don't have an edit button for 30 minutes after you posted a message? Does anyone else have this problem?

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:06 pm

Testing
Mike

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Nope, no edit button for me either.
Mike

swithun

Post by swithun » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Apart from an embarrassing moment when everybody could edit everyone else, I haven't been able to work out why. There seem to be several ways to set permissions for groups, and I can't have set them all everywhere.

chris

Post by chris » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:35 am

hmmm

swithun

Post by swithun » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:26 pm

I think you should be able to edit/delete posts now. What a clickathon that was.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Test

Success!
Mike