events listing posters

chris

events listing posters

Post by chris » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:16 am

why don't we have them?

A poster listing all the events, that would be flavoursome!
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

ChaoticReality

Re: events listing posters

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:50 am

We have the weekly programme. I dunno if paper copies of it are made any more, though. And we have the big events board in the cafe.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Jane

Post by Jane » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:12 am

Me and Dai used to make monthly A3 pretty posters we put up all over the city of the burgh. Would be nice to see such a thing again. I may take this on if no one else is into it?
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 am

Oh, cool.

I think I may have seen some of these when I first arrived in Edinburgh, before I knew about Forest.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

chris

Post by chris » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:49 am

yeah,

at different times different people have done em! the point was to make something amazing looking, that had all the info.. we'd stick em in a pile by the door, and people would take them and put them up in their flats and in other cool places.

trick is, to make them amazing looking, that way people want to look at them..

thats how i dress in the morning ;)
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

milk

Post by milk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:01 am

as was mentioned briefly the other day, part of the plan for the Drupal site will be to make it output all the event information in a format that can be copied and pasted for the printed programme. maybe this could work for a poster also, though that would probably require a bit more graphic design tweaking to look stylish post fact/bumf outputting.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

Jane

Post by Jane » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:12 am

I think maybe it would work the other way? We used to look up the bands/events, listen to their myspaces, look at their faces, and write brief awesome descriptions about them that would make people want to go to the event, then make a 30date picture pretty poster with this info. This is what we would do at Bowery for the list/skinny/guardian/etc/our mailing lists too. If we has something along these lines we could also send it to listings people which would be good. Are we currently doing this with events?
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:29 am

Guys, can you remember to keep Catalina in the loop with this please?!

She is the Events & Promotions person now and can be contacted on the bb as 'Catalina'.

Thank you xx

milk

Post by milk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:38 am

chris - can i ask why this was posted in the FWG forum?

what do people say to moving this to the Events and Promotion forum?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

Jane

Post by Jane » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:41 am

do it do it.

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Yeh, and thanks for the info Jane! I will point Catalina in this direction...xx

Or maybe you would like to work with her? That would be awesome!

milk

Post by milk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:31 pm

someone moved this to 'Events', but i've moved it again to 'Events and Promo' where the discussion about the organisation of events and their promotion should happen.

Jane

Post by Jane » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 pm

oh sorry, that was me, I didn't realise we had an events forum and an events and promo forum.

milk

Post by milk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 pm

no worries! Events and Promo is where we get meta about events and shit.