Does anyone want to play 'The Forest' on Twitter?

milk

Does anyone want to play 'The Forest' on Twitter?

Post by milk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:20 pm

people talkin about Forest on twitter;

http://twitter.com/#search?q=the%20forest%20edinburgh

http://twitter.com/#search?q=forest%20cafe%20edinburgh

i wish i had the time to interact with such folk via the foresttweets account.

would anyone be interested in this? more than one person could get involved..
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

ravanwin

Re: Does anyone want to play 'The Forest' on Twitter?

Post by ravanwin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:14 pm

twitter can be a great asset but if we do it, we need to do it well, which is hard. i have a friend who will help anyone wanting to learn about best practice and tricks to keep people following and intereacting etc for social media (specifically twitter) on behalf of forest. some if some magical twit do appear - let me know.
r

Catalina

Post by Catalina » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:50 pm

I've also been interested in the matter and wanted to offer posting for The Forest on Twitter (at least a few times per day) but I didn't know who to talk to about the account/ password. I've had an active Twitter account for quite some time so if you don't want any special posting style I'd be happy to do it!

Catalina
'it's not a lie if you believe it' - George Costanza

milk

Post by milk » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:11 pm

@catalina; cool beans. i 'll send you the password for the account.

re getting to know how different forms of social media work; there is no one best practice paradigm, but the key, and kind of the whole point, is that as everyone has access to the same tools or 'outlet possibilities', both publisher and reader, there is no automatic power dynamic in the medium of twitter itself, and thus the tone of message you have to use has to encompass understanding and tolerance of others. this should be a given in business anyway, but you cannot run away on Twitter. people don't just go to the account of the business or organisation - they search for what others are saying, and if you don't engage in the right way, you can cause damage.

which is essentially the same as the usual advice "don't be a dick".

i'm sure catalina, through using twitter already, has gotten a good enough knack to start as soon as she'd like, although if she wishes to sit down with ryan's friend, that'd be cool, though social and new media are things i'm greatly interested in, so i can be on hand for any possible advise required also.

on that note - i went to the first Get Ambition Scotland Webinar at Surgeons Hall a couple of months ago. the speaker was an ad man who got into social media back at the start of the last decade and who gave some insights to arts organisation folks about how to leverage the interwebs to their advantage. there is a video of his talk available here. i find it incredibly annoying, patronising and bad practice (for both their getting eyeballs not demanding contact details for information that 'wants to be free') that you need to register to see it, but he gives some really good tips on twitter ecosystem tools to use for analytics and tracking, plus stories on local business' and other interesting things to form a good overview.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku