Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
User avatar
nix
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am

Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

Postby nix » Wed May 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Present: Julie, Grant, Mike, Nix
Apologies Rachel.


Studios -
Everything is good, apart from Nix's studio is still a tip and he has been chastised by the group.
Shane and Sam helped tidy the Technical Area. Thanks to them.

Proposal accepted: the rent will be increased to £40pcm on 1st Sept.


Cave -
The Bass Amp is thoroughly fucked. Official.
AP- Grant to get a new one ASAP.

How to Use poster needs updating with "write your name, the date, and the time used on an envelope and insert payment in it"
AP-Nix make poster.

Equipment list needs updating.
AP-Nix make poster, and update on website.

Booking System need tweeking.
AP-Mike to tweek.

Web presence. we need to use web better to promote. Gumtree. Facebook (yuk!) and more nice page on www,theforest.org.uk
AP-Nix to take photos of bands, AP-Everyone think of content and make it happen.

Price increase. It has been noted by the group that the FWG has requested that there be a price rise.
Proposal accepted: The rent will be increased to £6p/h on 1st June.
AP-Nix to make new publicity material and advertise price increase (this will be done via email to existing users)..


Woodwork. -

Rachel has asked to step down from Bottom Lining this project.
AP-Nix to look for new BL. and to have a look at new proposals for better use of the room to be presented to the next meeting


Hall -
Still need to work on Blackout curtains. There will be an ActionDay for this with Cornelia to phone round/email theatres and staging companies to look for Blackout material.

Cornelia has volunteered to Paint the boards.

Multi core, - we still need one.

Backline -
Drumkit (missing snare) will be donated! yay! Grant to collect on sunday. We will use the Roadrunner100 as a head for the Park cabinet in the Hall.
Still need Bass Head. AP-Nix to make a proposal to FWG to ask for £250 to buy Bass Head

lockable box for mics etc. AP-Nix build the bastard.( or find something and put a lock on it)

Darkroom -

- no information available -

Screenprint -

- no information available -







AP-Mike to find solutions to buzzword issues
0 x

User avatar
chris
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:50 am
Location: heartland
Contact:

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

Postby chris » Thu May 06, 2010 8:34 am

Hey!

what is the situation with the upstairs multicore? is it badly damaged? I'm happy to attempt to repair it (if it is not beyond repair), as a skillshare with a small group of people, if there are people who would like to see how to do this kind of (fairly simple repair)..

Chris xx
0 x
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

User avatar
cornelia
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

Postby cornelia » Thu May 06, 2010 4:08 pm

the painting will take place on saturday morning, I've booked the hall for a few hours to do this.
the blackout curtains project is on its way, I'm collecting the phone numbers this week and hopefully call them too berfore i leave on saturday evening

//
0 x
tack och hej leverpastej

User avatar
nix
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

Postby nix » Thu May 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Multi core, we have a 24chanel desk and a dodgy 6 channel Multicore.
we need more. 15m? 8 (or more) channels? XLR, should be portable.
from last months meeting
we looked into getting a 16ch one from Owen's work, I cant remember exactly but it cost in excess 200.

erm, in order to make the hall good for gigs, more channels would be helpful. I will look into them, see if there is another 'just long enough' 8 channels for under £100

if we are going to do the "hire the hall for a days recording" thing .. it is essential.

chris wrote:Hey!
I'm happy to attempt to repair it (if it is not beyond repair), as a skillshare with a small group of people, if there are people who would like to see how to do this kind of (fairly simple repair)..


great! there is a problem with channel 3 and in general it is crackly.

more importantly... Channel 1 on the downstairs multicore is intermittent at best.. I think it has finally given up the ghost.

thanks
0 x

User avatar
chris
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:50 am
Location: heartland
Contact:

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

Postby chris » Fri May 07, 2010 9:14 am

nice one, I'll try and have a gander at those, broken channels!

yeah, good point about the number of channels, etc upstairs, that would be nice to use em!

Chris xx
0 x
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

User avatar
ChaoticReality
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Edinburgh!
Contact:

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

Postby ChaoticReality » Fri May 07, 2010 10:10 pm

nix wrote:AP-Mike to find solutions to buzzword issues


Er? Wha?
0 x
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

User avatar
nix
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

Postby nix » Fri May 07, 2010 10:28 pm

*waggle ears*
0 x

User avatar
milk
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

Postby milk » Sat May 08, 2010 2:38 pm

reminds me i need to have a crack at these
0 x
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku


Return to “Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

cron