Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:33 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 1231
Present: Julie, Grant, Mike, Nix
Apologies Rachel.


Studios -
Everything is good, apart from Nix's studio is still a tip and he has been chastised by the group.
Shane and Sam helped tidy the Technical Area. Thanks to them.

Proposal accepted: the rent will be increased to £40pcm on 1st Sept.


Cave -
The Bass Amp is thoroughly fucked. Official.
AP- Grant to get a new one ASAP.

How to Use poster needs updating with "write your name, the date, and the time used on an envelope and insert payment in it"
AP-Nix make poster.

Equipment list needs updating.
AP-Nix make poster, and update on website.

Booking System need tweeking.
AP-Mike to tweek.

Web presence. we need to use web better to promote. Gumtree. Facebook (yuk!) and more nice page on www,theforest.org.uk
AP-Nix to take photos of bands, AP-Everyone think of content and make it happen.

Price increase. It has been noted by the group that the FWG has requested that there be a price rise.
Proposal accepted: The rent will be increased to £6p/h on 1st June.
AP-Nix to make new publicity material and advertise price increase (this will be done via email to existing users)..


Woodwork. -

Rachel has asked to step down from Bottom Lining this project.
AP-Nix to look for new BL. and to have a look at new proposals for better use of the room to be presented to the next meeting


Hall -
Still need to work on Blackout curtains. There will be an ActionDay for this with Cornelia to phone round/email theatres and staging companies to look for Blackout material.

Cornelia has volunteered to Paint the boards.

Multi core, - we still need one.

Backline -
Drumkit (missing snare) will be donated! yay! Grant to collect on sunday. We will use the Roadrunner100 as a head for the Park cabinet in the Hall.
Still need Bass Head. AP-Nix to make a proposal to FWG to ask for £250 to buy Bass Head

lockable box for mics etc. AP-Nix build the bastard.( or find something and put a lock on it)

Darkroom -

- no information available -

Screenprint -

- no information available -







AP-Mike to find solutions to buzzword issues


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:50 am
Posts: 2638
Location: heartland
Hey!

what is the situation with the upstairs multicore? is it badly damaged? I'm happy to attempt to repair it (if it is not beyond repair), as a skillshare with a small group of people, if there are people who would like to see how to do this kind of (fairly simple repair)..

Chris xx

_________________
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:37 pm
Posts: 179
the painting will take place on saturday morning, I've booked the hall for a few hours to do this.
the blackout curtains project is on its way, I'm collecting the phone numbers this week and hopefully call them too berfore i leave on saturday evening

//

_________________
tack och hej leverpastej


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 1231
Quote:
Multi core, we have a 24chanel desk and a dodgy 6 channel Multicore.
we need more. 15m? 8 (or more) channels? XLR, should be portable.
from last months meeting
we looked into getting a 16ch one from Owen's work, I cant remember exactly but it cost in excess 200.

erm, in order to make the hall good for gigs, more channels would be helpful. I will look into them, see if there is another 'just long enough' 8 channels for under £100

if we are going to do the "hire the hall for a days recording" thing .. it is essential.

chris wrote:
Hey!
I'm happy to attempt to repair it (if it is not beyond repair), as a skillshare with a small group of people, if there are people who would like to see how to do this kind of (fairly simple repair)..


great! there is a problem with channel 3 and in general it is crackly.

more importantly... Channel 1 on the downstairs multicore is intermittent at best.. I think it has finally given up the ghost.

thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:50 am
Posts: 2638
Location: heartland
nice one, I'll try and have a gander at those, broken channels!

yeah, good point about the number of channels, etc upstairs, that would be nice to use em!

Chris xx

_________________
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Edinburgh!
nix wrote:
AP-Mike to find solutions to buzzword issues


Er? Wha?

_________________
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 1231
*waggle ears*


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: Edinburgh, UK
reminds me i need to have a crack at these

_________________
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group