meadows fest

ravanwin

meadows fest

Post by ravanwin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:46 pm

june 5 - 6 is meadows fest.

we need beer / cups.

pa

bands bands bands.

jane, i think, is taking the lead in this but say here if you wanna help out!
r

Lynne

Re: meadows fest

Post by Lynne » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Because Ryan was Licensee by himself for the whole fundraiser, I totally don't mind being 'responsible person' for the Meadows fest. That is if we need a Personal Licence Holder? Will find out...

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:10 pm

it was easy. crew was amazing. the only problem was police on monday.

R

cornelia

Post by cornelia » Fri May 07, 2010 2:13 pm

hey, before jane left, me, her, catalina and ed from ten tracks had a meeting.
almost all the bands have been booked,
there is a rota for the vollies working during those days in the kitchen

once all the bands have been booked the poster will be made, think that ed knew who.

Will + more workshop people might have a table by our sales stall and have some workshops for the people too

its gonna be great
tack och hej leverpastej

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat May 08, 2010 1:11 pm

We need a bar as we gave the one we had away, anyone got a portable bar they can lend us. Would also be great if we could make the bar tent a bit more fun to be in, like the idea of workshops happening, anyone up for helping with this, i will be away on the saturday but will be back on the sunday to help clean up and drink the dregs from the barrels of beer.

Will Golding

Post by Will Golding » Sat May 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Would love to - I think it's a brilliant opportunity to get loads of the forest workshoppers and those who want to possibly try running a workshop to do a series of 'free-school' type taster sessions. I have just posted a new message up about it on the bb and am hoping to send out some emails. Would it be alright to have a small free market too (say one rack and a tablle/bookcase) with donated stuff kept behind the tent and consistently circulated or re-stocked up throughout the day if I help to organise that with the people who helped organize the free-market?

chris

Post by chris » Sun May 09, 2010 4:12 am

sounds awesome.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sun May 09, 2010 12:33 pm

free market definitely a good idea, workshops too, maybe all interested parties should meet up soon. how does friday afternoon sound.

Will Golding

Post by Will Golding » Thu May 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Hey, sorry I have only just seen the posts. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow myself and then am getting out of here for a couple of days. I obviously can't speak for others but if we could do it next Friday afternoon instead that would be much better for me. Also there hasn't been a lot of response yet so maybe it needs another week to get some people confirmed and seeing if they are interested in getting involved?

nix

Post by nix » Sat May 15, 2010 2:32 pm

here is poster.
thanks.
forestmeadows2010.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nix

Post by nix » Sat May 15, 2010 6:43 pm

we need beer / cups.
Who is on this?
pa
I am on this.
bands bands bands.
Line-up done.
who will stage manage and look after the bands?

t

cornelia

Post by cornelia » Sun May 16, 2010 9:32 am

nice nice nice nix! well done, I'll print a few and put up on monday.
meeting on friday sounds good about the workshops and market, who knows who needs to pbe contacted and attending at the meeting?
tack och hej leverpastej

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon May 17, 2010 12:48 pm

I don't mind stage managing - i'm sure Catalina can help too!
I'll talk to Nix today...

-Julie

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Mon May 17, 2010 1:13 pm

give me some advice re. what cups & how many and I can order them
plastic pint cups?
hundreds? or thousands?

Will Golding

Post by Will Golding » Mon May 17, 2010 5:03 pm

So, if anyone else can do Friday should we say 6?

Catalina

Post by Catalina » Mon May 17, 2010 6:40 pm

i could do fri at 6. line-up is almost done, i'm in touch with the bands and, like julie said, would like to get involved in stage managing and taking care of the bands. haven't done it before but i'm a fast learner, i'm sure i could help...

once the line-up is confirmed i can print posters and maybe me and cornelia could put them around...

C
'it's not a lie if you believe it' - George Costanza

Hannah

Post by Hannah » Tue May 18, 2010 10:21 am

friday at 6 sounds good to me but maybe 7 would be better for Stephen who's working in the kitchen before? Anyway, it all sounds really exciting, I'm very much looking forward to the festival!

Will Golding

Post by Will Golding » Tue May 18, 2010 6:25 pm

So maybe 7 then for a cosy early evening tea break?

cornelia

Post by cornelia » Wed May 19, 2010 12:56 am

7 it is! see you all then!
tack och hej leverpastej

Jane

Post by Jane » Thu May 20, 2010 11:31 am

Hey!

I will be around to help manage all the bands, but not around tomorrow for a meeting. Back on the 27th.

I designed a poster when I was away, will post it, is it possible we can use this for the stage? I don't really know how to say this without coming off like a cunt, as is my way, so sorry... but...

I really don't want a poster which says "dangerous DJs" on it. I booked the DJs for both days, I like to book them for events I do, I don't want them described like 90s hiphop rejects! Or the event described as "free school" for that matter. I know this is my fault as I was supposed to sort out the poster and then swanned off to greece, and thanks for stepping up and making something nix, sorry I'm so precious.

Also, remember last year we ran out of beer and we ran out of cups and it was a royal fucking pain in the ass having to get people to run to forest to get more! Over order!

Super excited about workshops and stuff, yay sun meadows fest!

Also, let me know if anyone hasn't got back on techy requirements and needs pestering. I like to pester.

Also, what DJ equipment will be taken so I can let people know if they want to bring any more of their own magic boxes?

xxxxxx
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

DavidW

Post by DavidW » Thu May 20, 2010 1:31 pm

hey guys :)
Just to let peeps know, there are now two strong box's in the admin cupboard ready for meadows.
Keys are inside the box's and stickered "Bar" & "merchandise stall".

:)

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Thu May 20, 2010 1:59 pm

What David means is that we have floats sorted out for the bar and the merchandise stall!

I will bring these down on Saturday before we open.

I've promised to be 'responsible person' for the bar, so I'll be there all day. Just let me know if you need me to do anything!

It all sounds great so far :D

Oh, yeh, Jane's right, over order cups!!! We can always use them for the Festival.

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Fri May 21, 2010 2:38 pm

stevie p is sorting cups from the beer place (compostable)
after quick booze math with jamie 16 barrels x 88 pints = more than 1000 so we order 2000

ok?

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Fri May 21, 2010 3:19 pm

I don't think the music part is being advertised as "free school", Jane. I suspect it refers to the free workshops and skillshare stuff that will be running alongside the music.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

nix

Post by nix » Sun May 23, 2010 10:41 am

I designed a poster when I was away, will post it, is it possible we can use this for the stage?
where is it?

we can still print it and get it up! I am sure it is cooler then my one.
I know this is my fault as I was supposed to sort out the poster and then swanned off to greece,
well...

ChaoticReality wrote:I don't think the music part is being advertised as "free school", Jane. I suspect it refers to the free workshops and skillshare stuff that will be running alongside the music.
exactly.
Also, what DJ equipment will be taken so I can let people know if they want to bring any more of their own magic boxes?
there will be 2 turntables, the Pioneer mixer and the CDDJ box.

thanks.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue May 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Ordered the beer today, 12 in all that is aprox 80 pints per barrel which is 960 pints in all, i think. 3 midnight sun 3, birds and bees, 3 Fraoch and 3 assorted kegs. They will deliver them on the friday night, hopefully the tents will be up by then, maybe we should call the medows fest to find out if this is the case. I will not be here hopefully jamie will be arround to tamp the barrels which should not be done till saturday as they need time to sit. We still have a shed load of bottles in the booze fridge which we could sell if decanted into plastic cups which i think may be good if we run out on the sunday, we should not bring beer in bottles till the sunday as they are easier to nick in the dead of night.
Plastics cups, we can get the I'm not a plastic cup cups but they have to be taken to compost and not just put in the landfill for them to have any less negative impact on the environment. The recyclable plastic cups can go in the virridor bin and be recycled. The price difference is substantial, £80ish for the recyclable £160 for the biodegradable, thats for 2000. What do people think.
Also we need to build a bar, i have some 4 x 2 that could be used to make a solid bar if we can find some ply wood for the facings, any one want to help, Jamie you out there, any one else, probably this weekend. PM me

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue May 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Hey all - I just started a new thread: "Meadows fest - can you help out?"
Please read it :o)

Jane

Post by Jane » Wed May 26, 2010 7:28 pm

POSTER DRAFT!
but it's not ready to be printed until we sort out the foxgang situation (they don't think they can do sat anymore, want to do sunday, maybe some jiggling required... Boo hiss).

xx xXX xxx
forest meadows.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

cornelia

Post by cornelia » Thu May 27, 2010 9:16 am

wow jane,i love the poster! lets post them as soon as foxgang confirmed!
tack och hej leverpastej

Jane

Post by Jane » Thu May 27, 2010 9:58 am

yeahh! Are you away for a bit? Until when? We should meet up. All round.

x

Catalina

Post by Catalina » Thu May 27, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm back from the training now so we should def meet up to talk more about the foxgang situation... and also about the afterparty. Ed said we have the Roxy booked for Sat 6th and he's already talked to Lipsynk for a Lullaby and Mayhew to perform and they've confirmed me that they would love to.

So we need more bands (maybe 2 more?) to play between 8 and 11pm. I've also been contacted by a guy named Rupert about it, haven't got a hold of him yet though...
Though I'm not sure I could give him any info that he might need, don't really know tht much about the night, need your help!

C
'it's not a lie if you believe it' - George Costanza

Jane

Post by Jane » Thu May 27, 2010 2:05 pm

sweeet, I know rupert. I'll call you. x

Jane

Post by Jane » Fri May 28, 2010 7:27 pm

awesome news! earl grey and the loose leaves are going to play instead of foxgang, poster attached!

after party at the roxy, I had a meeting with rupert. They will provide a sound engineer, bands to get there for sound check at 5pm. They will get us a float but we need people to do the door (which will be fun! free watching of bands!) and we will schedule bands from 8pm until 11pm. Vangelis and lysimachos will DJ. I thought charge £3? of which we keep £2. A bit o extra cash.

Super fun!

xx
forest meadows.jpg

Jane

Post by Jane » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:36 am

oops, this poster, not that poster please.
x
forest meadows.jpg