Event for september - can someone get in touch?

Jane

Event for september - can someone get in touch?

Post by Jane » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:45 am

spoke to this woman, project sounds cool! catalina/someone, check the events book and get in touch? xc

Hi Jane,

Good to speak to you regarding the series we are filming. We are making over 5 weeks a 6 x 1hours series for Sky Arts. The premise of the series is that we are following 4 artists, two teams of two and they will be a mix of fine artists, classical musicians or opera singers. They set off from Athens in Greece with no money and they have to make their way back to Edinburgh using their skills to trade for food, accommodation and transport.

The aim of the road trip is to end up in Edinburgh for the 4th September where there will be a space for them to perform at and i'm hoping the Forest Cafe might be a great location for this. We would obviously need access to film and this would include people in the space. If there was an artist on the team they would need to display their art work which i imagine they would want to be put up during the day which again would mean we would want to film them putting their work up.

So firstly, i suppose i am keen to find out if you do allow filming and if so if your space is free on Saturday 4th September? If it is, do you have any images of your space and is there a cost for us to use your space?

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. We made a similar series a couple of years ago where we followed our artists travelling across the states and culminating in a gallery/event in New York. You can see on the link below the previous series called Art Race...

http://www.skyarts.co.uk/art-design/article/art-race/

Many Thanks

Clare

Clare Bradbury
Producer
Art of Survival
0207 288 8400
www.illuminationsmedia.co.uk
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

ChaoticReality

Re: Event for september - can someone get in touch?

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:18 pm

They're filming for Sky Arts (evil!) and asking about a charge for the space. Hmmm. Reasonable "donation" to the toilet/roof/building repair fund?
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Catalina

Re: Event for september - can someone get in touch?

Post by Catalina » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:32 pm

fortunately, unfortunatelly, either way, Sept 4th has already been book by some bands who want to do a charity event from 2pm til close so... no can do.

will you get in touch or should i? give me their email if so!

xx
'it's not a lie if you believe it' - George Costanza