Any chance to get gig at Forest Fringe/Cafe in August

miguel

Any chance to get gig at Forest Fringe/Cafe in August

Post by miguel » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 pm

Hello Foresters

I now have a new music project up and playing: THE IRRESISTIBLE URGES. We do original songs and voodoo rhythms and are playing both as a duo with me on acoustic guitar and Claire on vocals (sort of an art cabaret kind of vibe) and as a more electric band (sort of an avant art rock
direction). The songs are eclectic with diverse styles from rootsy and r and b to some world grooves to agit rock (phew).

Your colleague at the Forest office said to email Chris P about playing in August.However the email I was given keeps bouncing back.
Is the Chris wio posts on the BB the correct Chris? If so should I pm him from his BB link or is there a way to get his correct email?
Any help or advice appreciated.
Maybe we could get a few slots during the month if it is possible--for both the duo and/or the band? MP3s available if needed.

Salut
Peace and love
Miguel from the Irresistible Urges

Jane

Re: Any chance to get gig at Forest Fringe/Cafe in August

Post by Jane » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Hey Miguel,

If you could give us your available dates and put some links to mp3s or a myspace, we'll schedule you in.

Cheers,
Jane
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

miguel

Post by miguel » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Thanks for the reply Jane.
I will post a reply and some links soon. Should I reply to this BB thread or pm yourself?
Miguel

Jane

Post by Jane » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:12 am

Whichever takes yer fancy.
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

miguel

Post by miguel » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:47 pm

Hello Jane
Hope you received the links to 3 songs. Let me know if any problems.
As to gig dates, how about 10th or 17th in evening for a duo gig and 13th, 14th,27th or 28th in evening for a band gig?
We are somewhat flexible other than various work committments so get back to me with other suggestions if need be.
Best wishes
Miguel

miguel

Post by miguel » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:18 pm

The IRRISISTIBLE URGES play the Forest Cafe at 10pm Tuesday the 24th August 2010.
Hope to see you there...
M