For one night only

swithun

For one night only

Post by swithun » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:00 am

Dude.

Bro?

This party is sick. They've got 5 different nachos.

Nothing says hard rock like a plate of hot sizzling bowel watering nachos. To mark the 3rd year of the irrepressible Hard Rock Monday, I would like the cafe to offer 5 different nachos, for one night only (9 August).

For too long we have suffered under the tyranny of the one nacho system. Freedom to rock means freedom to choose your nachos. As Emiliano Zapata said, "he who sacrifices his nachos for rock deserves neither". It is time to live the dream.

So what are these 5 different nachos then?

1. The Classic

For those who know what they like and like what they know. So much has already been written about Forest nachos, that they need no further introduction.

2. The Flamin' Pendechos

Think that jalapenos are what little girls eat while listening to Hannah Montana? Then this dish is for you. This gastr(onom)ic equivalent of the vuvuzela is off the Scoville Scale, liberally infused with Birdseyes,
habaneros, and the S-Dawg's favourite, the Naga Jolokia or Ghost chili. If you struggle to finish a vindaloo, then you are woefully out of your depth with this kulinary killer.

3. The Godzilla

Mean and green, this bad boy packs a prehistoric punch only matched by its scaly namesake. Green tomatoes, green peppers, green onions and Japanese horse radish combine to form a fiery green salsa. If things couldn't get greener, no one told the guacamole that. One mouthful of this and you will be destroying skyscrapers like a true wasabist. "Oh no, there goes Tokyo. Go go Godzilla."

4. Queso Grande

With more cheese than a brontosaurus' bell end, things are gonna get messy - stringy strands, congealing deposits of guilty secrets, hot spurts of molten pleasure, and more protein dripping off your chin than you ever dreamt of. This is definitely one to consume slowly, rewind and repeat.

5. The Beaner

Already illegal in Arizona, the Beaner is for those who want a little bit more than the law will allow. Pulsating with a leguminous vegan chili, this rebellious offering will give you the energy you need to stick it to The Man.
Who wants to eat meat on their knees, when they can flip the bean instead? Viva la revolucion!

I can buy the unusual ingredients, prepare stuff in advance and be on hand all evening to help the kitchen staff. I reckon another 50p/£1 on the price of regular nachos. What do you think?

ChaoticReality

Re: For one night only

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:10 am

Sounds awesome to me, Swith.

I look forward (with a small amount of trepidation) to ordering a portion of The Flamin' Pendechos.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Jane

Post by Jane » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:25 am

I think I love you.
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:36 pm

oh yeah.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:12 pm

save me some beany ones...
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Yes yes yes.

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:01 pm

YES PLEASE.
can you make special orders without bell peppers? this is the bane of my life at forest...

stuart

Post by stuart » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:20 pm

yo requestos chimmy changas forest noches

Newington Bandit

Post by Newington Bandit » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Jane wrote:I think I love you.
me too

swithun

Post by swithun » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Here is the menu. I imagine it can be printed double sided, and folded for the tables.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:57 pm

human civilisation has reached a new high
the more you think, the more you stink

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Gaz wrote:human civilisation has reached a new high

What he said!
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:03 pm

ChaoticReality wrote:
Gaz wrote:human civilisation has reached a new high
What he said!
indeed...

forget Übermensch

hello Über-munsch!
the more you think, the more you stink

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:37 pm

This just in: Lincolnshire claims hottest chilli crown!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/09/hottest_chilli/
Mike