Please Help Me

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Keni

Please Help Me

Post by Keni » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 pm

I need help.

As you all know, the three most important words in life are not "I love you," but "Let me help," as Edith Keeler taught us all. That would make the bravest three words "I need help." I need to show real courage.

As with everybody else in the world, times are tight. I've applied to the banks and they've knocked me back. What to do? Sell my body down the docks near me? Don't think that would get me far. So, what to do?

How about running a social experiment? Aye, that sounds a runner. Folk would go for that, especially if it disproves the nonsense spouted by THAT WOMAN* that there is no such thing as society plus get one over on the banks.

So, what I'm asking is that everyone I know or have come across to lend me £10 (approx €12) for a while. Come the start of January I will start paying folk back at least £1 a month. The only catch is I would have to do it one person at a time. To make this fair, I'd do it in reverse alphabetical order. That means I get out of my current situation, you get your money back and help someone along the way. Or I can save it up & pay you back in one go. Of course, if you don't want the money back, then I will donate it to Kiva (http://www.kiva.org/), a non-profit organization that promotes development through micro-credit. That way other people get to benefit from your help.

I know that everyone is skint and has their own problems. Then again, what is £10 these days? Three pints down the pub, two fish suppers if you're lucky or a take away curry. To me it is the difference between security and an uncertain, scary future. I wouldn’t have asked if I wasn’t desperate, so please think about it. I won’t think badly of you if you decide not to, in fact I totally understand. If you do want to help, drop me a personal message and we can go from there.

Lastly, anybody know of a website that will let me get this scheme to work?

*THAT WOMAN refers to a certain British Prime Minister from the late 20 the Century.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes. (Oscar Wilde)

Cut the crap & make it happen.

neil

Re: Please Help Me

Post by neil » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:49 am

I'm sure the banks will be gutted.

I'd like to do the same thing, for the same reasons. If anyone's interested, pm me.

Thanks.