Lost Glove Project-Rowena Roundabout

Front of House, garden etc.
arizoniandreamer

Lost Glove Project-Rowena Roundabout

Post by arizoniandreamer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi,
I got this e-mail last week, I think the idea is awsome. So here you go:

'Hi!
I was hoping that there might be space in your front of house arty corner bit for my Lost Glove Project.

I started this project last year when living in down in Bristol... i started collecting abandoned gloves with the plan of displaying them in a progressive sculpture where people could come and claim lost gloves or drop off found gloves. Unfortunately the sculpture never happened as I moved up to Edinburgh and it was all a bit too hectic. BUT I did get a huge response from everyone and have a facebook group of more than 350 members and about the same number of gloves sitting in a bin bag waiting to be found and reloved.

Instead of creating a sculpture I was thinking of something easier and less time consuming, just a washing line (or several) displaying the gloves with spare pegs to add more. People could come to the forest and drop gloves off and claim a new one if theirs have run away..

Have a look at 'The Lost Glove Project' on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 722&v=info

Hope to hear from you soon!
Rowena x'

The timing is perfect--->winter :). I was thinking about to install it in the library corner, taking of the actual one with the parachutes, which I love though... Does anybody know to name and contact of the artist who made it?
The other option is making in somewhere else in the front room (hanging the gloves down from the ceiling, but it would be less interactive then).

What do you think?

x Kata

'

scoutwinter

Re: Lost Glove Project-Rowena Roundabout

Post by scoutwinter » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:17 pm

how about in the cafe, threading out from the central pillar to the window side, like bunting.

simone

Re: Lost Glove Project-Rowena Roundabout

Post by simone » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:52 am

you can never have too much bunting, whatever shape!
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)