website stuff yetafuckinggain

Jane

website stuff yetafuckinggain

Post by Jane » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:36 am

Hey,

In doing the press pack I keep coming across a lot of stuff online that is hybrid tumblr-drupal madness. Sorry to be bringing this up again, but bear with me people.

If you type in "forest cafe workshops" into google, here is the second like (underneath the forest.tumblr one)

http://www.theforest.org.uk/workshops

This should not be coming up online. "WARNING - THE INFO BELOW IS OUT OF DATE - DISREGARD IT, THANKS - WARNING"

holy whatthefuck? I have seen a lot of bad websites in my life, but seldom one that has a banner across the top saying "WARNING, ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBPAGE IS FALSE"

can we take this offline until it is fixed please? And by "fixed" i mean more than just the right times of workshops, I mean information, text and photos too.

x
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

chombee

Re: website stuff yetafuckinggain

Post by chombee » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:05 am

Agree, many links to the old drupal site come up in a lot of google searches, e.g. if you google "the forest cafe edinburgh".
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

dan

Post by dan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:15 am

yep that's pretty crap alright
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Ah, that would be an unfortunate side effect of moving to tumblr but still needing stuff like the bb and email (I did try and tell people about this at the time)

There's not really an easy way round this problem, since a lot of stuff is hosted on the forest server (bb, cave booking, email, etc) and putting in a complete wildcard redirect to tumblr would stop all that working.

I can take the old pages offline pretty easily, but anyone clicking the google links will then get a 404 error page.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

chombee

Post by chombee » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Could you take the old site offline? We don't need a complete wildcard redirect to tumblr, we just need those pages to go offline so that (in time, when google updates its index) they will stop appearing in google searches.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Done and 404s now have a link to the main url, so people shouldn't get lost any more.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

chris

Post by chris » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:31 am

great work!

this has been driving me nuts for a while!
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.