Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:00 pm 

The weekly Forest Cafe Free Shop is going to have a one-off Free Market on the 14th of December 2010!

-Bring good quality stuff, in good condition, that you don't want or need; take whatever you want. It's all free.
-From 1PM to 8PM
-Books, toys, games, clean clothes, vinyls, computers, mobile phones, foods, shoes, hats, tools, arts materials, instruments, microphones, eyeglasses, wigs, perfumes, soaps, whole bikes, wrapping paper, Christmas cards...

Don't buy Christmas presents this year! Fight the free market and the military-industrial complex! Come to the Free Market and bring your non-Foresty friends along to show them what a cool place the Forest Cafe is!

Stuff can be brought in advance and stored upstairs in the free shop store. If you do bring stuff, please put it neatly on the shelves.

Poster-making help would be appreciated :).

Also, let other groups know; spam mailing lists etc.!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:04 am 

great poster!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:46 pm 

Someone has approached me with a question about wheel chair access to the hall. This person says she has been previously asked NOT TO COME, because of fire regulations. Initially I told her that there is no wheel chair access, but people will help her upstairs if needed. She asked me to check this, and I'm not sure what to reply now?

Also, Freegle wants to advertise theirselves at the market, is that ok?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:15 pm 

Freegle are cool and not for profit. No reason why they shouldn't advertise themselves.

Not sure what exact regulation is on wheelchair access wrt fire safety etc. I would say that if this person comes along with people who can help them up & down stairs, then no problem. If they are relying on the generosity of strangers, then no problem in theory, but no guarantees as to what would happen in the event of an emergency. This is probably a legal minefield!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:55 am 

ask Malcolm Kennedy, he is council's disabled access link man. K x