Just now I'm immersing and versing myself in the vast world of Italian soundtracks (Ennio Morricone and his pesky ilk).
It's my intention to make thirty–two 45 mixes and I believe it fully achievable.
The first instalment chiefly weighs heavy on Ennio for two clear reasons,
– he's the obvious entry point, I'm already reasonably versed in his oeuvre, he's fucking great
– his soundtracks are a fucksight easier to find, than say Riz Ortolani
(I realise that's really four reasons)
SoItalian Maestro Primer Mix Part i
1. Ennio Morricone – Ecstasy Of Gold
2. Pierro Umiliani – Dove Va Il Mondo
3. Claudio Simonetti – Night Creatures
4. Nicola Riovani – L’orchestrina Medirvale
5. Ennio Morricone – Gabriel’s Oboe
6. Piero Umiliani – Questo Sporco Mondo Meraviglioso
7. Ennio Morricone – Finale
8. Ennio Morricone – Voci Nel Deserto
9. Ennio Morricone – Jill’s America
10. Ennio Morricone – Trittico Per Organo
11. Piero Umiliani – Love In
12/ Piero Umiliani – Luna Miele
13. Piero Umiliani – Moderato Grottesco E Cantabil
14. Ennio Morricone – Run Man Ran (Titoli Di Testa)
15. Ennio Morricone – L’Arena
16. Ennio Morricone – Il Mercenario
17. Ennio Morricone – La CenaDownload Here
The mix initiates with some high pomp, seamlessly slides into the sublime, has a brief discordant interlude, changing up from classical to electronic, takes a two step tango into the ridiculous with the entrance of Piero Umiliani* only to be outtrumped as Ennio raises the batshit bar with 'Run Man Run' and finishes with a decompression suite that trips you back into the sublime.
Thirty–one to come...
*Hi, I'm Piero Umiliani, you may remember me from such catchy bollocks as this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM89T74MPnE