here are some tips on how to use the fire alarm, and fire procedure and false alarms and testing: One important thing is that you should never have to use the fire alarm control panel key! - it should always be left on!
IF THERE IS A FIRE:
1. raise the alarm, by breaking one of the alarm point glass panels located near all exits.
2. staff should evacuate all peoples from the building, and check toilets and all rooms (provided it is safe to do so)
3. call the fire brigaide.
4. if it is safe to do so (you are between an exit and the fire - not the other way round), tackle the fire using the appropriate fire extingusher.
1. if someone breaks a glass panel - go to the control panel in the foyer near the pigeion holes, press the 'silence alarm' button, this will silence the alarm, but the panel will beep oudly, this can be silenced by pressing the 'silence buzzer' button twice.
2. the alarms cannot be reset until the glass panel is replaced. to replace the glass panel call chris.
TESTING THE ALARM
1. every sunday, take the plastic white weird key thing found in the safe pick one of the call points, insert into the small whole on the right hand side of the bottom of a break glass call point rotate 90 degrees and gently pull down, you should notice the glass panel drop slightly and the alarms will sound. remove the key and press the 'reset' button on the control panel.
2. if the alarm didnt go off you either did it wrong, or there is a problem (call me 07981228055)
3. every week do a different call point
WHEN EVER THERE IS A FIRE INCIDENT - TEST/FALSE ALARM OR REAL ALARM, WRITE IT IN THE FIRE ACTION LOG BOOK IN THE OFFICE.
IMPORTANT - IT IS NEVER NECCESSARY TO USE THE METAL KEY ON THE ALARM PANEL, AND THIS SHOULD ALWAYS BE LEFT ON, (LEAVING IT OFF DEACTIVATES THE SILENCE BUTTONS AND MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO RESET THE ALARM, IE. IT CANT BE STOPPED IF IT GOES OFF)
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.