Hey - most of this council stuff is now done,
just received the letter from John Cook, Environmental Health Officer with Edinburgh Council.
Here's what we need to fix:
1. Lighting standards within some parts of your workplace were inadequate he mentioned this when standing outside the cave/workshop doors - the light isn't working there - you should carry out an assessment to ensure that suitable levels of lighting are provided
- NEW EMERGENCY LIGHTS AT END OF CORRIDOR OUTSIDE CAVE, AND IN THE WORKSHOP
2. WC facilities were found to be untidy - The WC compartments should be cleared of all extraneous articles and thereafter should be maintained in a clean and tidy condition
- HOPEFULLY WE ON THIS
3. the floor surface in the basement presents a risk of injury from slips, trips or falls - Floors or surfaces of traffic routes must have no hole or slope or be uneven or slippery so as to expose any person to a risk to his health or safety and they shall have an effective means of drainage where necessary. All floors should be kept free from obstructions and from any article or substance which may cause a person to slip, trip or fall he mentioned this when looking at the floor outside the fridge, he mentioned we should repaint it
- WE WILL PAINT ON MONDAY
4. there does not appear to be a system in place to identify defects in ladders - a system should be implemented to ensure that ladders are regularly checked to identify any defects that may give rise to risk to safety i.e. falls from height well we do have a ladder use policy which he didn't ask to see, but i guess there are several ladders kind of lying around at the moment and maybe it's time to re-inspect them
- WHERE IS THE LADDER PAPERWORK???
5. the storage of materials and redundant or seldom used equipment in the space containing the organ is unacceptable and presents a fire risk - remove the material or ensure that the storage is maintained in a clean and tidy manner which reduces the fire risk
- THIS IS TIDIED - WELL DONE EVS!
BROKEN WINDOWS - FIXED THE MAIN BROKEN ONES
this letter and the inspection notices will be filed in the kitchen area of the filing cabinet for now
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.