Internet Error

HGiles

Internet Error

Post by HGiles » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Chris and I are in the office and getting strange internet errors.

Inermittently my browser (Firefox) and email client (Thunderbird) will refuse to load a page or my inbox, and a dialog box comes up asing for a username and password, saying "A user name and password are being requested by http://192.168.11.1. The site says: "AirStation"". When I cancel that box, I get a page called "UNAUTHORIZED" with the message:
AUTHORIZATION ERROR

CAUTION

1.The user name is "root".
2.Check uppercase or lowercase in the password.
Thoughts? Solutions?

ChaoticReality

Re: Internet Error

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:40 pm

That means someone's been fucking with the routers again. I really wish people would stop doing that.

The fact that the pages is on a 192.168.11.* address is bad, as it means that the authoritative DHCP server on the network is being overridden.

I will be in to take a look tomorrow morning.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

HGiles

Post by HGiles » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:13 pm

Still throwing up the error. For some reason, seems to be a little bit more stable in IE. But might be coincidence.

brittonie

Post by brittonie » Sun May 01, 2011 12:37 pm

why don't y'all put the router in a lock box (cabinet) with a hole for the cord to go out and only let people touch it who know what they're doing?
wet, dirty and dangerous.

HGiles

Post by HGiles » Sun May 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Maybe a plan. Mike?

Internet still intermittent; problem seems to be getting worse, but maybe that's just me projecting.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Mon May 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Well, should be fixed now. Have tested the wired and wireless and it's working fine. Whoever fiddled with the back of the router in the kitchen, please don't do that again!

Also, whoever put the router in front of the fly-zapper, what were you thinking?

We need to look reasonably urgently about changing the placement of the router or the zapper, as having the two so close together (and running off the same power source) is really not good for the router.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

HGiles

Post by HGiles » Mon May 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks, Mike.

alba

Post by alba » Tue May 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Today, internet kept asking me a name and a password ... Apparently, I connect to the network "forest3", and supposedly there are only two networks in the forest: for the office and the bar. Is this problem with my computer? Before, I had no problem ...

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed May 04, 2011 1:56 am

Erm. There shouldn't be a Forest3, there's just one network, called forest. Sounds like a problem with your computer, try deleting your stored network settings for the Forest network.
Mike

alba

Post by alba » Wed May 04, 2011 11:41 pm

Thank you very much! And was strange to me ... I do not understand much about these things, but I'll see if I can do what you tell me your