If you move Cave stuff, put it back!

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
HGiles

If you move Cave stuff, put it back!

Post by HGiles » Thu May 05, 2011 5:24 pm

Hey all,

If you move stuff from one Cave to another, or from a Cave to somewhere else, please put it back!

People are paying for the Caves, and should be able to use them straight away without having to root around the building looking for equipment. Also I get paid to do room booking stuff, and it's sucky for my time to get consumed hunting for equipment for Cave users when I could be helping us bring in more income.

Sermon over.

Each Cave should have a complete drum kit, two mics with stands, at at least one guitar amp and one bass amp.

Thanks.

ChaoticReality

Re: If you move Cave stuff, put it back!

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu May 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Equipment generally shouldn't be taken out the Caves at all.

Several people have tried in the past to implement systems where items were labelled and regularly inventoried but sadly people just ignore them.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Alasdair K

Post by Alasdair K » Mon May 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Last night, before my band's 9-11 practice, I moved some equipment between Cave 1 and Cave 2 (and tidied up a few bits and bobs that were lying around). The equipment moved was a swap of the 50 Watt combo amp in Cave 1 for the good, but somewhat faulty (speaker cone is fairly nasty sounding) Ashdown bass amp in Cave 2, which I then plugged into the PA using the DI/XLR output, and used as normal. There is still another bass amp in Cave 2, and the Ashdown was sitting too far away from the mixer to be efficiently used in the manner just described. There was previously no bass amp in Cave 1. Barring any further moves, which I'm happy to do, the summary of amps is now as thus:

Cave 1
2x Guitar Combos
1x Ashdown Bass Combo (broken Speaker, working DI)

Cave 2
1x Guitar Combo
1x Combo (unmarked regarding bass/guitar, but I suspect leaning in a guitar direction)
1x Bass Combo

Additionally, I moved an SM58 from Cave 1 up to the cafe, where there was a severe shortage (one microphone) last time I did sound, on Friday.

Alasdair
Where's the drumkit gone?

Alasdair K

Post by Alasdair K » Mon May 09, 2011 3:34 pm

I should add, the SM58 had red tape on, which (I think) means its normal home is the cafe.

I have an old, large peavey bass combo (1x15 inch speaker, about 100/150 watts, built in graphic EQ and chorus effect) stored at my parents place. I'm mentioned in the past I'm happy to donate this to forest permanently, as opposed to my 2x12 Marshall combo, which I may still want to take away for gigs from time to time. If there was some sort of consensus as to where it would be best placed ie hall, cafe (it's a beast to move) I could bring this in pronto. Did I mention it's very loud?

nix

Post by nix » Mon May 09, 2011 4:16 pm

if its very loud it would be best in the hall.. but since we have no other serious backline in the Hall... Cave 1 for now, until the Ashdown is fixed?

Alasdair K

Post by Alasdair K » Mon May 09, 2011 5:07 pm

That could work. It can be maintained at user-friendly volumes for the cafe etc, my thoughts were more that it would be able to handle the hall (or just about anywhere) without any problems.

Alasdair