gallery availability 19/20 august

chris

gallery availability 19/20 august

Post by chris » Thu May 26, 2011 9:47 am

Hey there!

On the 19/20th of August I am co-organising Ultrachip (www.ultrachip.co.uk/). A chiptune music event. Anyhow I was wondering on the availability of the Gallery on these dates (I heard it might be empty?). If it is available, we would like to show interactive videos on the gallery walls - possibly some form of early computer games...

let me know! cheers,

Chris
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

mirja

Re: gallery availability 19/20 august

Post by mirja » Fri May 27, 2011 11:07 am

At the moment the last two weeks of august are somewhat in a flux, there are several plans for this, and i think whatever we do this would be a good thing to do...
We should come up asap with a list of al the things that could be happening... the quid for grid idea thaht we had, anybody still for it? or , organising it?

I think we can also just open the space for various smaller projects, Including this one, and pencil them in.
We have the stephens bubble idea (...?) and art sale for the rest of the auction work we have, and the bubble gum man and this film project... We could just let it all hang out in a very visible way, as was suggested to us recently by the press, to make some art waves for the campaign.

so chris when do you need to know?

chris

Post by chris » Fri May 27, 2011 11:14 am

soon if poss would be pretty nice :)
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

mirja

Post by mirja » Mon May 30, 2011 12:37 pm

its a yes.

mirja

Post by mirja » Tue May 31, 2011 10:57 am

shit, chris, i just re-checked, and we are full at the gallery untill sunday 21st!!!

its my own bloody text/experimental project that is finishing that weekend, and there will be lot of people to finish it off.

So gallery won't work for this but what about putting screens in the front/red room and project there?
Cheap ikea screens lowered from the ceiling, 2-3 might work great, its a much darker room so you can see projections better and you would have chairs and tables for people to sit at and play?

could work?
xx

chris

Post by chris » Tue May 31, 2011 11:59 am

ok cool. it might work, we'll have a think about it!

cheers :)

brittonie

Post by brittonie » Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm

yeah, stevie and i wanted to do something in the gallery involving playpen balls and large scale hampster tubing.

Dylan and i have been working on a sound sulpture, which would be cool to put in for a while, and probably more interesting than just my photography.

xx
wet, dirty and dangerous.