the vollie crib

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Margarida

the vollie crib

Post by Margarida » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Dear Foresters!

Great news, great news! We're going to have a Volunteer Room during August, where the Screenprinting Room used to be. This is going to be the space for Forest volunteers to take a break, rest for a while and take a deep breath before heading back to the Forest augustfunmadness.

But to make this happen, we could use some help for a couple of points:

a) we're thinking of taking the sofas from the hall and bring them to the Vollie Room. Anyone fancy giving us a hand doing this? Also, anyone thinks this is not a good idea?
b) our flat is going to give away the blue sofa for this volunteer-rest cause. We definitely could use some help moving this one to the Forest... Anyone available to help us with this? Tea and cake can be provided on location as a thank you.
c) we need matresses. Two. Do you have a spare one? Or two? Please let us know. And, then again, if we do get the matresses we're going to need help moving these.... more cake, more tea can be provided on location :D
only when the clock stops does time come to life

HGiles

Re: the vollie crib

Post by HGiles » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:15 am

I think this is generally a good plan, but:

Ragged have requested the use of the armchairs 9th - 11th. Would it destory the vollie chillout room if we borrowed them back for the hall those days? If so, no worries -- it's not a dealbreaker for them.

Hx

Margarida

Post by Margarida » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 am

Should be fine. As long as we have enough people willing to carry them upstairs/downstairs again 8)

HGiles

Post by HGiles » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:19 am

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 pm

I found a sofa on the street the other night have it in my house will bring it soon. I think this is a good way to go, finding things on the street freecycle etc. When we leave we can just leave them here. Also some rugs and general snugifying things would be nice as well. See yo thursday.

gaia

Post by gaia » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Margarida wrote: b) our flat is going to give away the blue sofa for this volunteer-rest cause.
WHAT? Hamish? After we carried it all the way there and sheltered it from the rain? Probably in a drunken state? You're breaking my heart.
I'm looking forward to using the vollie crib to hide from my EM shifts and eat nachos.

Margarida

Post by Margarida » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:58 pm

gaia wrote:
Margarida wrote: b) our flat is going to give away the blue sofa for this volunteer-rest cause.
WHAT? Hamish? After we carried it all the way there and sheltered it from the rain? Probably in a drunken state? You're breaking my heart.
I'm looking forward to using the vollie crib to hide from my EM shifts and eat nachos.
Oh, but it's an honourable goodbye for the poor thing. Better than leave it behind when we empty the flat in the end of August :(
But, yeah. All volunteers will be warned of the importance of this beautiful sofa before they can enjoy their nachos ahah 8)

Margarida

Post by Margarida » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Stephen wrote:I found a sofa on the street the other night have it in my house will bring it soon. I think this is a good way to go, finding things on the street freecycle etc. When we leave we can just leave them here. Also some rugs and general snugifying things would be nice as well. See yo thursday.
Cool.
Yeah. Snugifying is the way to go.

Keni

Post by Keni » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Stephen wrote:Also some rugs and general snugifying things would be nice as well. See yo thursday.
There's a rug in the artist's balcony, will carry it down on Thursday.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes. (Oscar Wilde)

Cut the crap & make it happen.

Keni

Post by Keni » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:00 am

Do we want this for the crib? Looks a touch mucky but could come in useful

http://groups.freecycle.org/FreecycleEd ... s/13187685
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes. (Oscar Wilde)

Cut the crap & make it happen.