House of Bamboo

brittonie

House of Bamboo

Post by brittonie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:41 pm

a few things.

*there is still no clarity on when it should open? i dont really care... but i have been asked and don't know what to say.
Maybe someone could help figure that out?
when should it open in the evening? 9 pm? - 2? (i'm throwing these out there for suggestion but up for imput)
that's 5 hours. could be devided into two 3 hr shifts where the shifts overlap a bit just to be safe. i think we should have 2 people working in there-

1. if it's busy it will be helpful
2. if it's not busy, whoever is in there alone will be sad and bored.

*Bamboo- i have it at my house- it has to leave my house today. Can someone help me get it to forest? I can't carry it by myself. If not, i'll just put it in a cab.

*Will need vollies to help with setting up bar- ie decorations... And going to need to make a Rota for tending the bar. I know i am looking forward to working it, but do not want to be restricted to that room for the entire night. But can't really set that up until i know when we're opening and for how long. I would assume post 20th, after the 8 bit music stuff is in there.
- still need more stuff for decorations.
got all those tvs- who wants to help gut them to build a shrine in/ help get videos together in some way to play on the ones we don't gut - i can easily tear apart a tv, but don't know anything about video transfer or hooking them up
It has been suggested that i take a bus out to the junkyard. Tires, scrap metal, back end of a car, wooden crates, barbed wire, etc.
i would love to go but:
1. taking a bus restricts me bringing anything back.
2. would rather not take this on as a solo mission.

so. if anyone wants to go, and has transport, let's make that happen and at least set it up soon.
kthnx
wet, dirty and dangerous.

brittonie

Re: House of Bamboo

Post by brittonie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Frustration.

No one helps. No one replies.

HGiles

Post by HGiles » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:33 am

The BB's pretty quiet right now because whenever folk are in Forest they're rushed off their feet, and whenever they're not they have no desire to log on. I recommend popping in in the day and grabbing people to get some clarity. Myself, I really don't know about any of it!

brittonie

Post by brittonie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:17 pm

thanks harry.

I've been trying for a month now to get some solid information.

Sadly, Connie (who was going to do the sugar room) told me, that Stevie and Catalina said the thing wasn't happening. Also gave her different information than i have. Of course, there's no organized conversation about this (despite many attempts) with the people involved.

I've asked very simply for some dates:

Catalina/ Stevie, can you do this?

I need someone to get the bamboo out of my house- forest paid for it, so i'd imagine they'd want it. I need someone with transport, i'm not carrying it (it's not physically possible).

Catalina

Post by Catalina » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:12 pm

First of all, nobody told Connie it wasn't happening. We simply told her it was going to be in the last weekend. She said it was too much work to just have it open for one weekend so we told her she could have it for longer, before the bar opens. She was OK with that and said she would start work on it this week. We also warned her about Ultrachip having Cave 2 for the weekend, she said it was cool as long as they are careful with the work.

Secondly, the date I gave her was the one discussed on the Caves bookings thread. I was NEVER involved in the decision of how long you are going to have the bar open, but simply a messenger and it seems the whole thing fell on my head. I only wanted to know which dates to book it for. You can have it open forever if it were up to me.

My only involvement in this was that I offered to help with the decoration!

I am very disappointed that you choose to accuse everyone before hearing all the facts and both sides of the story.
'it's not a lie if you believe it' - George Costanza

cornelia

Post by cornelia » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:48 am

The happening is coming closer and I'm not sure what the deal with the house of bamboo is, So I thought I'd start to put up blacks and bamboos on friday and who ever wants to join could and should, I guess there will also be work left to do on saturday too along with all the other stuff that needs to be done that day. Anyway I'll be in on friday round 4 onwards!
tack och hej leverpastej

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:56 am

hey britters it looks totally fucking great, amazing work, let's keep filling it and figure out the technical aspects and design the nights.
Pep Up The Turmoil

Margarida

Post by Margarida » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:16 pm

ace!!!
great job guys 8)
only when the clock stops does time come to life

cornelia

Post by cornelia » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:34 pm

agree agree, looks fcking amazing!
can't wait til staurday
tack och hej leverpastej

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:11 am

It was like being in an Ed Hardy shirt, but not as douchy.

IMGP6168 by Swithun Crowe, on Flickr

IMGP6177 by Swithun Crowe, on Flickr

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:57 pm

This was so good !

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .