double scroll bars

chris

double scroll bars

Postby chris » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:03 pm

some times there are double rhs scroll bars and i get confused. not sure they are both needed...
0 x
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

beev

Postby beev » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:04 pm

That really bugs me too!
0 x

pogo

Postby pogo » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:52 pm

i don't know what 'double rhs scrollbars' are? which link? or all the site? what browser?... i need more info to fix it.
0 x

chris

Postby chris » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:00 pm

cool.

if you go to 'Forest' working group (underneath it says 'this one is private') then on the right hand side there are two scroll bars, this sometimes leads to annoying use...
0 x
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

chris

Postby chris » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:10 pm

in fact just on the front bb page there are two. to view everything, you need to use both bars..
0 x

swithun

Postby swithun » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:17 pm

There is some trouble with IFRAMES and getting stuck in them when a link should break you out. I'll try to remember what I've just done next time I get one.

One problem I get often is when I go to the Administrator page from the Forum index. The JavaScript which alters the height of the Admin IFRAME doesn't quite work.

Code: Select all

function iFrameHeight() {
  var h = 0;
  if ( !document.all ) {
    h = document.getElementById('blockrandom').contentDocument.height;
    document.getElementById('blockrandom').style.height = h + 60 + 'px';
  } else if( document.all ) {
    h = document.frames('blockrandom').document.body.scrollHeight;
    document.all.blockrandom.style.height = h + 20 + 'px';
  }
}

In Firefox 1.5 (Linux), the h variable in the !document.all branch must get set to 0, and the Admin IFRAME then is only 60px heigh, which isn't very.
0 x

chris

Postby chris » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:24 pm

wow! someones fixed it!

was it you swithun? or is pogo the faster draw? or has the god of the internet intervened?

nice one ;)
0 x

Return to “Website/Online”