Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:39 am 

we did it last year, and it's coming up again...

http://www.voluntaryartsweek.org/

apparently it's the year of creative scotland... last year was fun and easy, it would be cool to do forest again,

we did:

screen printing, and book binding
I have no problem organising something on behalf of forest, if y'all are up for it, and anyone wants to join...
Marg... Katy... etc???

i'd be up for having more stuff to do at our table, as well, if more people are interested in doing things... and having cool examples of stuff to show...
um. yes.
xox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:44 am 

i just sent them a probe email, to see when that workshop day is or how to get involved... just so i can put up more info.
hope that's okay
x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:48 pm 

Yes, it was lovely last year and I'd gladly do it again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:39 pm 

so i'll bullet point summarise then copy and past:

*CS loves us and are glad we were there last year, and want us back and happy to hear from us.

*there will be a similar workshopy thing like we did last year on the EVENING of May 14 or 16

*they are collecting listings for other events, which they will put out on their website, if we have anything artsy going on

*"what's in your window" teaming up orgs with locations to show off artsy stuff by certain orgs... their ex. Third Door or Autonomous ctr could host Forest in a window.

i think forest should get in on each of these sections. Katy! lets tag team... I am up for bottom lining evening workshop stuff and finding some performers if they ask for them, and the window dealie... if there are any other events forest related, or we could organise one to put up in the listings for that week, that'd be swell. I replied with a YES please keep us informed on the developments, and in mind as participants, and we'll be in touch with more info.

here's the email from 'em, holla:

Quote:
Hi Brittonie

Thank you for your email regarding Voluntary Arts Week. It was great to have the Forest Cafe involved last year and it would be fantastic to work with you again.

We are in the process of planning a Voluntary Arts Week launch event which we envisage will be more like a press launch than like the ‘open to the public’ event we held in Festival Square last year, this is due to the space available to us. We intend that this will take place in the evening on either 14 or 16 May and will example various arts and crafts groups, such as yourselves, through a mix of ‘hands on’ workshops and performances -inviting press, guests and various people related to arts and culture in Edinburgh to get involved. Does this sound like something you would be interested in taking part in? This is very much in the planning stages but I can keep in touch with you about this as it develops if you would like to be kept up to date and get involved.

There are also several other ways you can be part of Voluntary Arts Week. If you have any workshops/meet ups planned to take place during Voluntary Arts Week (12-20 May), or would like to organise one, you could list this as a Voluntary Arts Week event. We are currently collating listings which will be added to our website in due course, if you can forward the following information regarding any planned events I will put these on our database and add them to the Events Listing online as soon as it is up and running:

· Date

· Start and end time

· Brief intro to the event and your group

· Location, including postcode

· Contact details

· Website

· Image/Logo

I have also attached a Voluntary Arts Week empty belly poster which you can edit with details of your Voluntary Arts Week activity to publicise this in your local area.

This year we are also running a ‘What’s in your Window?’ campaign where we are asking groups to partner up with community centres, libraries, charity shops, cafes etc. to create lively window displays of their work during Voluntary Arts Week (12-20 May) as a way to raise awareness of what they do and let people know how they can get involved. Much like the event in Festival Square last year, we see this as a great way for arts and crafts groups to showcase their work and reach potential new members out with their usual meet up.
It would be great to see a Forest Cafe window display exampling different aspects of the activities you run – printmaking, knitting, poetry, music etc. I notice that you run workshops from the Autonomous Centre of Edinburgh and have recently worked with The Third Door to host Inky Fingers, do either of these, or any other buildings you have links with, have a window you could potentially use? These are just ideas - if you would like to get involved I have attached a ‘What’s in your Window?’ poster which we are asking groups to display alongside their window display. You can edit this with details of any upcoming activities so interested folk can read a bit about what you do and how to get involved. You can also upload a photo of your window display onto the Voluntary Arts Week website during the week, to spread the word about what you do further afield.

It would be great to have you on board again. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards.
Cassandra Barron

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:03 pm 

Hey there Miss B, do we need to meet about this soon? x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:47 pm 

do you need a big bag of plaster? Did you ever try out cynthia's technique?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:38 pm 

Katy: yes! we should meet about this... i'm working most evenings at Sandy Bells, which could be a meeting spot or we could find a suitable day time ???

i'm flexible, let me know.

Ken: plaster yes - want to get CS to give us some dough for workshop... casting cocks no, but i did do Catalina's boobs.
x

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:32 pm 

:oops: that was fun! x

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:03 pm 

got a big bag of plaster. NOT to be used for body casting!