Green energy

Front of House, garden etc.
lucky

Green energy

Post by lucky » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:39 pm

What's our situation on potentially buying green energy?

I know through looking at the minutes we're looking at efficiency, which is amazing in itself. Thanks.

However, are we able to afford green energy yet?

Just a thought, Alex*

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:59 pm

Come to the working group meeting tonight and all your questions will be answered, my son.

lucky

Post by lucky » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:45 pm

Sorry, I missed the meeting, I only just realised now.

I will come to more meetings!

Alex*

bill

Post by bill » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:50 am

ecotricity are a ace green electricity company. i thought that the forest doesn't really buy its own electricity or there is some problem with thesharing of the building about who supplies it. green electricity isn't actually that much more. its worth knowing also that there is a percentage of green electricity that electricitry companys have to buy regardless of demand (this is a government inititive) often the bastards then sell people "green electricity" at a slight extra cost to the consumer but don't acually buy any more electricity from green sources as it is covered in what they are obliged to use anyway. sense?

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:21 pm

Yeah, it's another one of those weird ones. From what I understand due to the nature of electricity (i.e. it's just a constant stream of movement, one wouldn't be definately getting the push of electricity from the wind turbine) when buying green energy it's more supporting the principle.

?

Alex*

bill

Post by bill » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:24 pm

i suppose what i meant was that some companies are dedicated to creating more sustainable sources of electricity and some use it as a way to make more money even though they are doing more to benefit or further green electricity - they are simply following the governments requirments whilst charging the consumer at the same time.

peas