boxes everywhere

chris

boxes everywhere

Post by chris » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:14 pm

yo kitchen crew..

yes, the kitchen is your domain... there you are king.

i and others have for a lifetime been tripping over your blue/green/wooden box/pallett/container/delivery things. one time i saw some girl actually land on the floor cos of them...(she was slightly hurt)

you leave them around/under/on the decks/dirty plates areas..no! this is not acceptable!.. this is a narrow passage way, already difficult to navigate due to the tight bend and the inevitabilty of laptop users, chairs etc.. further slalom hazards are not required!

please can you either temporarily store them in the kitchen (there is now more space due to the removal of two large things) until you put them in there final resting place (the bin?) or immediately put them in the basement somewhere not in the way.

i and others would be very grateful.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:01 am

they won't let me throw them away.

beev

Post by beev » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:13 am

Why aren't the plastic things collected for re-use by the people who bring them?

The wooden things are so stupid. We never know what to do with them, and they are annoying (and slightly dangerous) to break up. Can the people who deliver stuff in these wooden things be asked to take away old ones for disposal? Or can they tell us what to do with them? Or can we tell them that we will not be ordering more of their stuff unless they can deliver it in a more suitable container?

chris

Post by chris » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:16 am

it is simple. either we throw them away, or they collect them. either way they dont live in the cafe.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:02 pm

beev wrote:Why aren't the plastic things collected for re-use by the people who bring them?
they mostly come from the veg men. i don't know why. they don't want them back, they always seem to have too many themselves.

sadly, they is rubbish.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:25 pm

How do we dispose of the wooden ones?

The plastic ones can live in the free shop until I make sure no one from Freecycle wants to take them away...

The prices from the organic veg people are looking good, and hopefully they'll be into reusing the crates over again...

beev

Post by beev » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:10 pm

The wooden ones just get kicked around until they break up or disappear into the garden or something. They are a nightmare. Breaking them up to throw away is difficult and the bits will always tear any bin bag you put them in. If we continue to get them, they should probably be taken straight to the bin, which is a hassle.

chris

Post by chris » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:20 pm

there are far too many to put in the free shop...

Dandolo

Post by Dandolo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:10 am

Are these the small balsa crates? How many do we get? I've used them in the past and might be able to take of them.