Releasing work

Records, publishing, shop etc.
dan

Releasing work

Post by dan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:48 pm

Hey
We should discuss how we decide what to release as Forest Records and how to do it. I think it would be nice to have lots of different levels of release, from CDRs up. For example, I don't know if Franks group approached anyone about releasing their album through Forest (I take it from Danny's post that's what's happening), I don't really have anything against it, but maybe some sort of submissions policy should be worked out?
What you say?
d x
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

chombee

Post by chombee » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:24 am

Related, maybe forest records could think about this thread too. I think forest records should consider releasing music under a free cultural works license, like for example the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license, which says:
You are free:

* to Share -- to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
* to Remix -- to make derivative works

Under the following conditions:

* Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
* Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.

* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
* Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

dan

Post by dan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:52 am

yep i agree but I think here we should focus on what gets released and how we decide. Anyone got any input?
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose