Communications

Records, publishing, shop etc.
dan

Communications

Post by dan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:58 am

Hey I got some replies from the people I emailed about not making the 7"/partipating in future compilation. Should I post them here. Some are funny/interesting, some are not so much but you know, I was just thinking of clarity etc. Also should we set up a Forest Records email address? like forestrecords (at) forestdotorgdotuk?
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

Jane

Post by Jane » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:09 pm

yes yes and eys
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

dan

Post by dan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:42 pm

here's what I wrote to them:

Hi,
thanks for your submission for the Forest 7" and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I'm sorry to say your track isn't going to be on it, but we really dug it. There's only space for four tunes and we had shedloads of submissions. But there will be compilations coming out soon and also a listening post in Forest which you could maybe be on, please contact us if you'd be interested in submitting more music for future listening.
Hope all's well, thanks again,
Forest Records
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

dan

Post by dan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:43 pm

Reply:

Hi there Dan, I had forgotten all about this! Thanks for getting back to me, and thanks for your comments. Not to worry on the track failing to make it onto the 7”, (our best work is all over the 3½ minute mark…!).

I will happily submit a CD worth of our recent stuff for your listening pleasure, is there a submission box in the café? Or shall I send it to a particular address?? Let me know!

In other news, we are currently negotiating a gig in Edinburgh with the Fimbulvetr organisers, (a monthly Dark Ambient club night held in the Pleasance Caberet Bar, do you know of it?), and I am still hoping to play a night in the Forest in early spring. Can you tip me off as to how far in advance the live slots at the Café’ disappear??

Anyway, sorry to waffle! Let me know the best way to submit some music to you guys…

Take care.

Paul Alexander

dan

Post by dan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:43 pm

Reply:

Dear Forest Records

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, I'd be interested in submitting
something in the future. Let me know what you have in mind when a spot
comes up. I'll keep popping my head 'round the Forest door to see
what's
going down.

All the best

harry