the holy laws of the cave agreed 2/2/07

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
nospoons

the holy laws of the cave agreed 2/2/07

Post by nospoons » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:24 pm

We want to make the cave as accessable as possible to as many projects as we can. We recognise that there is only limited time availble and that some times will be more attractive than others. We know we cant regulate for every possible scenario and hope that bands have consideration for others that might want to access the space.

So with this in mind we've laid down some basic booking policies:

1. No more than 2 on-peak bookings lasting a maximum of 3 hours each at a time. (this is to alow the more popular times to be available to as many people as possible ie. prevents bands block booking all evening etc.)

2. Any amount of off-peak bookings may be made.

3. Any available bookings within 48 hours may be freely booked by anyone

4. Bookings outside the above guidelinges may be made by request to the moderators of this forum. These bookings lie outside the on-peak maximum. (Examples would be practicing before big gig, working on a demo etc)

5. Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the booking, otherwise you must still pay for the time booked.

PLEASE NOTE:
Please do not ask the Kitchen Staff for entry into The Cave or for the Cave code. The Forest Kitchen is not authorized to give Cave users acess. Please make sure you have the Cave "code" at the time of your booking.

people regularly found to be in contempt of the above will be strongly frowned at and give us all a sad and sorry sense of disappointment
Last edited by nospoons on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

chris

Post by chris » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:58 pm

cool, i agree with 2 and 3. i like 1, but i dont think the second sentence is neccessary or practical?

dont really understand 4, why not just let people book that far ahead, but stick to rules 1, 2 and 3?

also is the space in demand enough for the rules ot be as strict as this? we need to check with pete...
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:03 pm

1. No more than 2 on-peak bookings lasting a maximum of 3 hours each at a time. New bookings can be made after both sessions are over.
Is this per week, per month or some other timescale...

I agree with Chris on his points...booking ahead is fine. In fact it's a good thing to know you've got some space secured...

Just another point. Is it possible to double book on the calendar...let's say there's a visual art meeting from 7-8 on a Monday. Can someone make a cave booking for that same time too?
the more you think, the more you stink

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:14 pm

can we add this to the rules:

Please do not ask the Kitchen Staff for entry into The Cave or for the Cave code. The Forest Kitchen is not authorized to give Cave users acess. Please make sure you have the Cave "code" at the time of your booking.

cheers.

ryan

nospoons

Post by nospoons » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:16 am

rule added

oh aye is there i hoover i can get a shot of to do some cleaning in the cave

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:01 pm

thanks spoons. i'm, sadly, unsure of where the hoover has gone....

lucky

Re: the holy laws of the cave agreed 2/2/07

Post by lucky » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:48 am

nospoons wrote:PLEASE NOTE:
Thank you thank you thank you! If anyone asks from now on can I whap them over the head with a chopping board?

Great!

A*
Bohnenflaschen!