FOREST FUNDRAISER AT DE BONGO

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
sash'sesshin

FOREST FUNDRAISER AT DE BONGO

Post by sash'sesshin » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:59 pm

FRIDAY 27TH MAY
THURSDAY 22ND jUNE

See's the forest fundraiser at the bongo

some of u have already pledged ur time and volunteered to play

this should be a stonkin night with a whole range of tunes from dub, roots reggae, drums and bass to hiphop, electro, and some fab guitar based bands

anyone who is interested in joining the merry crew of performers either by doin a set to swoosh us with ur styles or in aiding with the p.a engineering side of tings....
could u please post here
or contact me or leah directly
(sasha's mail :antispicequeen@yahoo.com)

all forms of music encouraged

furthermore if there;s anyone who wishes to get involved with providing visual support :
be u a juggler, pe'former, stilt walker, stripper
or a graphic artist, prop extrordinair, movie maker
please also get in touch

this will be an amazing night, designed to bring together so many talented folks n show off what the forest is made of... as well as providin funds for a multitude of forest related improvements
(any suggestions for fund distribution is welcomed)

many thanks

sx
jinsei nana korobi ya oki

kim

fundraiser

Post by kim » Thu May 05, 2005 11:07 am

Dear Forest events organisers,

I am unable to participate in your fundraiser I am afraid - although I would love to. I am running Tuberia that night at Old St Pauls earlier in the evening and am never finished clearing up till about 4.00 am.

I play every week at the Forest in 'Live Stuff' - an open session with members of my band The Tuberians and others, but I would love to be able to participate in bigger events too. We have a small but enthusiastic following among the regular Wednesday night crew at the Forest, which I am sure would carry over to the bigger stage.

Is there any chance of being given a reliable contact to keep me informed of your major events early, in order that I can try to make myself available in the future? I have to book my own events in about a month in advance so I welcome plenty of notice.

Best of luck with your fundraiser - I am sure it will be a massive success..

Kim

Fils d'Abeille

Post by Fils d'Abeille » Fri May 06, 2005 12:12 am

hum... Kim's gig raises some issues...

From experience it seems that a lot of us attend the Tuberia event and I can see it both detracting attention from the fundraising event and/or preventing many from attending Old St Paul's on the night.
I for one have never made it to see the Tuberians, but have been meaning to.

Is the date for the first fundraiser flexible, or is the 27th final?

what time is the Bongo night starting anywho?

I'd like to help out anyway possible... standing at the door... sweeping up bottles... swearing at people I don't like... some combination of the three... anything?

Reka is involved with the uni drumming society, and I'm sure they'd be interested in taking part (we might have to coax them with a few beers... it makes them play better...)
if interested, gimme a shout... I'll lobby them

any chance on getting some summary of events as they stand? Is there some kind of meeting one can attend with bubbly enthusiasm and over ambitious ideas?

Will there be excessive nakedness and inappropriate behaviour? Please?

oh and Sasha... you stole my guitar tuner... where did you put it? I'm helpless without it

Kim has brought to my attention that my comments encouraging reckless stealing from Tesco's may be a bad influence on the innocent youth of our little home away from home... (you know whom you are) I hope, here, to make ammends.
Stealing from tesco's should not be approached thoughtlessly and is wrought with danger. Before attempting to steal from Tesco's please consult with an experienced thief. For anybody who's widely read in the art yet is reluctant to take the first step, I am willing to accompany you and take you through the motions...
But remember kids... it's ok, and ethically justifiable, only because tesco's are evil... no way eggs are supposed to be that cheap... or fluffy paper to wipe your arse so expensive and colourful.
I hear that the novels they sell are not alarmed... (stay tuned for more tips)

Anyway, I have to go back to Hayek who's telling me that money's good and that everything will work itself out if we all consistently try to fuck eachother over... while Durkheim feebly (how's you spell that? Neil... work on live spell check...) asks why we can't just get along?

If you're bored... why not exchange the red plug with the yellow one and see what video sounds like...

night fluffy hippies...

chris

Post by chris » Fri May 06, 2005 10:17 am

video is very high frequency, it is unlikely you will here anything.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

Jane

Post by Jane » Fri May 06, 2005 11:12 am

it's fixed, it's may now so it will be in the bongo programme, plus i think sasha's started talking to djs?

clashes are unfortunate but inevitable, given the wealth of social lives of all the various happening forest crowds... just don't book the 22nd june. is the tuberians a monthly thing? if it's a major concern, would it be possible to see about shifting yours to another day?

these are intended as two one-off major fundraisers which could work out really important for the forest. if successful, we'd have a decent amount to invest in soundproofing (essential for the future of any forest events, nay, the forest itself) and kitchen improvements (bringing in more revenue to invest in cool foresting stuff).

there must be planning
soon.
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

sash'sesshin

Post by sash'sesshin » Fri May 06, 2005 1:03 pm

hmm guitar tuner stolen? not sure i like these accusations.. will have a hunt upon return from the south... give me a bell gareth..number in the volunteer book and we'll try and sort that out for u.

yes indeed the date is fixed
dj's are smiley and convinced (went to see them play out over last weekend and playin tonight and tmrw)
think some big love needs to go out to those willin to donate their time for free...
there's some good people hear who do similar intereactive youth work to mikey and they''re really enthusiastic about improving the resources and relations
these nights could be huge
we need as much support n good juju as people are able to give

big love to the forest
sasha (in manchester sunshine amazingly!)

Fils d'Abeille

Post by Fils d'Abeille » Fri May 06, 2005 1:06 pm

well...you didn't so much steal it... as receive it from Brian a few weeks back and stick it somewhere behind the counter...

enjoy the sunshine... come back soon... you have to, I have your box

Danny

Performing

Post by Danny » Wed May 11, 2005 4:22 am

Hi!
I'm up for it. For sure.

Fils d'Abeille

Post by Fils d'Abeille » Wed May 11, 2005 8:49 pm

ok,

one issue that hasn't been covered... what kind of cover charge should we expect?

sash'sesshin

Post by sash'sesshin » Wed May 11, 2005 9:21 pm

check with leah but i think its £5 for the first night and £7 for the second, but we might change the second price coz its a thursday, even though there's more amazing peep's available to play.
think of it like two volunteer burrito's (or one hours work) in exchange for music magic n the security of the forest rockin inthe future.. not such a biggi
the folks up from the south usually play at nights with a cover of 10-12£ and charge a fair bit (outta love they're playin for free), n mikey's night in the forest this weekend costs £3 so all in all not such a big deal...
any other folks wanting to commit to forest love..

bench p.

Post by bench p. » Wed May 11, 2005 10:08 pm

sounds great...

hang on though... £3 pounds at the Forest? I thought that access to the forest café would always be free? Or is this specifically the church hall upstairs?

TheCross

Post by TheCross » Thu May 12, 2005 1:39 am

rpolonyi wrote:sounds great...

hang on though... £3 pounds at the Forest? I thought that access to the forest café would always be free? Or is this specifically the church hall upstairs?
its in the hall upstairs.

xx

Jane

Post by Jane » Thu May 12, 2005 11:55 am

forest fundraiser #1 is in a fornight kids. what's going on? is it all under control? are people planning planning planning? who has said they'll play so we can start spreading the word? details&lineups please...

we need a flier by the end of this week if we want to get people in, start postering and flyering. all the unlucky students are around the library right now so a prime spot to coax away from studies and towards bongo. who did we get to do the blender fliers? they were pretty reasonable i seem to remember...

also, did someone contact the list? if not, it's probably too late but we should do so for the june one.

there should be a meeting sometime of people who want to help as we'll need as many people promoting it as possible. let's go chalk crazy the nights before, poster all over town.

magda is amazing poster design queen extraordinaire, if you're looking for someone to ask if they'll design one.

x
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

sash'sesshin

Post by sash'sesshin » Mon May 23, 2005 3:47 pm

flyers are out (albeit not as beautiful as the blender) and being passed, stuck n left all over the shop
posters shud be going up, apid hangin rock last week to distribute
chalkin is an amazing idea.. anyone up for a spree round town?
unfortunately one of the acts has cancelled (but i respect the reasoning as it conerns personal matters)
would love folk to tune in for a jam upstairs organised by the lovely jo
and if there's anychilled beats dj's for upstairs that would be rad..
have a friend dong some visuals for downstairs..anyone else got anything they'd like shown?
generally all in hand, excited, ready for some foottappin shidigs
will see u all there

Jane

Post by Jane » Mon May 23, 2005 4:00 pm

where are the flyers? if i have any extra vols i'll send them on posting missions.

sash'sesshin

Post by sash'sesshin » Mon May 23, 2005 4:13 pm

thanks sugar.. ill leave them in sei(ie?)zure's pigeonhole
u up for a chalk mission lovely..havent chilled wid u in in time

Jane

Post by Jane » Mon May 23, 2005 4:59 pm

chalk madness is my speciality. wear good running shoes for when the uni security guards come out to play....

maybe start tomorrow night with some bristo sq so it is there for wed? then more on wed. come in tomorrow if you've got time, i'm working.

EBS sells pavement chalks, if anyone has time to pick them up? if not i'll go tomorrow

i before e except after seizures

x