Fringe Festival Meeting Minutes: 19 April 2007

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
James

Fringe Festival Meeting Minutes: 19 April 2007

Post by James » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:35 am

Present: Salma, Me

Talked about Debbies Press Release, and the dates within, and it's all good.

Deadline for submissions: 30th May
Programme confirmed: 15th June

Talked about Builders coming in July, who will be building a fire escape and stage blocks. They will *not* be building a lighting or sound rig this year; this is a big undertaking and the plans for it will depend heavily on the plans for the rest of upstairs which won't be decided in time.

Talked about requirments for out mobile lighting stuff we want to buy.

I have been in email contact with Idil ( http://www.theforest.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2259 ), she is happy to help design the programme, the website, and publicity for individual people. Yay!

We need to talk about budget, with reference to our purchases (like lighting), if we want a Forest Programme printed, and so on.

The main, very important task to do this month: Spread the word! Send the press release to everyone!

Next Meeting: 24th May, although we should keep a eye on the level of submissions and if they are low we may need to meet again before then.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:57 pm

Performances and workshops must be free of charge, but we would consider a "pay what you can on the way out" scheme or similar which has worked for many productions and could generate income for both the company and the Forest.
I'm not sure about this to be honest.
Maybe just need to think about how this would actually work and if it is consistent with the forest. At the moment there is a blanket ban on donations...

Good work though!
the more you think, the more you stink

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:46 pm

upstairs will work differently. but, yes, I'm for keeping it EXACTLY free. but the Forest needs to say something ASAP.

James

Post by James » Fri May 04, 2007 7:39 pm

We now have the email address festivaltheatre@theforest.org.uk, which forwards to me. Theres also the start of a page on the forest website, under the events button. I'll produce new versions of the press release this weekend .....

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sat May 05, 2007 4:13 pm

tidy.

james can you bust debbie´s balls politely and get her on this bb thing?

i met glynn in berlin. he is super and keen to do good things.

more to follow.
r

James

Post by James » Sun May 06, 2007 4:48 pm

Here's press release with new email ...
Have emailed Debbie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.