A proper soap dispenser

James

A proper soap dispenser

Post by James » Sun May 06, 2007 5:13 pm

I was talking to a friend recently and she was saying there are people who, after doing a shift, won't eat at the cafe for hygenie reasons ...

Got me thinking, I rarely see people washing their hands when working. Noone seems to know about the bottle of soap (including me, I used washing up liquid for the first month) or they can't be bothered.

Another friend once said he would never eat unpacked food from a certain supermarket because there are almost no hand washing facilities for the staff, while in another he had worked in they had sinks and big signs deliberately put next to every raw food handling point. (I'm not being coy, I just can't remember the names ...)

I know it seems a waste buying a proper soap dispenser when the bottle is right there, but if we had a proper one with one of those fashionable big blue signs, it might remind and encourage people more and reassure visitors. How about it?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon May 07, 2007 2:57 pm

I try and tell every volunteer who comes in about the handwashing sink. (Did you know that each of the kitchen sinks has a specific purpose: the one by the espresso machine is for handwashing, the middle sink is for dishwashing and the far sink is for veg washing).

We could do with a better labelled hand soap container. Maybe a soap dispenser too?

I really don't think it's as bad as you're making out, though!!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon May 07, 2007 4:38 pm

a soap dispenser could not hurt. i agree. i think people who are obsessed with hygne, however, are crazy. germs are good for you. but, yes, get a dispenser IF we can fill it with the nice ecover soap.....

beev

Post by beev » Mon May 07, 2007 8:01 pm

Yes to soap dispenser, and ideally all the sinks should be clearly labeled. Especially the food prep one (by the grill), which should never have a mop or mop bucket anywhere near it.

lucky

Post by lucky » Mon May 07, 2007 11:16 pm

Maybe instead I'll hold a workshop about how people get ill from little germs only if they are holistically susceptable to it.

Maybe that wouldn't stand in court though.

Alex*

(Hmmmm...a workshop.)
Bohnenflaschen!