URGENT: ALL CAVE STAFF (VOLUNTEERS)

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
Stephen J

URGENT: ALL CAVE STAFF (VOLUNTEERS)

Post by Stephen J » Mon May 14, 2007 4:55 pm

Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you know that we did not rehearse on Sunday (2 – 6 pm) because the cave was an absolute mess with beer cans and rubbish, there were cables all over the place, there were no mic’s and no xlr cables that actually worked. Obviously we didn’t know this until we turned up so it was impossible for us to cancel our booking. I am aware that the cave is run by volunteers but if the equipment we need to rehearse (i.e. mics) are not in the cave then it makes it impossible for us to rehearse

I would be happy to volunteer an hour of my time over the course of the weekend to give the cave a quick going over (sweep, pick up the rubbish, sort out the cables ect) if that meant that I only had to pay for two hours rather than three but I sure as hell aint going to turn up every time I book the place and spend an hour tidying up someone else’s mess (and paying for the privilege). The past three Sunday’s that I booked the cave it has been the same, I’ve spent at least an hour of my time sorting the place out.

I would appreciate it if you could put out a message to the other bands using the cave telling them to SHOW SOME RESPECT and tidy up their mess behind them (that includes putting cables back where they belong).

Maybe it aint my place to say it but I think you guys need to put a new system in place giving the bands half an hour of free clear up time after their rehearsals (let me know what you think)

Sorry to rant on but you can imagine how frustrating it is week after week and frankly I’ve reached the end of my tether with the whole situation.

Let me know if you want to take me up on my offer of an hour’s cleanup at the weekend in return for an hour’s rehearsal time.

Just thought I better drop you guys an e-mail in-case you thought that we simply did not pay for our rehearsal time.

Get back to me

Peace

Stephen (Camel Toe)

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Mon May 14, 2007 8:27 pm

Dear Camel Toe

First, nice band name.
Maybe it aint my place to say it but I think you guys need to put a new system in place giving the bands half an hour of free clear up time after their rehearsals (let me know what you think)
Second, thanks for bringing these issues to everyone's attention. It is your place or anyone elses to suggest anything you wish. That's what this forum's for.

I can't imagine bands stopping on time and clearing up for 30 minutes though...

I guess the only way to solve this is to get people involved to do tasks for the cave...clearing up, fixing things, checking bookings, and then reward them for doing these scuzzy tasks by giving them some free studio time.

Maybe a monthly rota?

One to discuss. There's a meeting on friday at 6pm.
the more you think, the more you stink

nix

SORRY!

Post by nix » Tue May 15, 2007 11:40 am

shit...

the missing Mics was my fault. and I feel like a "King Cock" -

I will Give the cave a super clean in the next couple of days as my penance.

sorry again.
:oops:

chris

Post by chris » Tue May 15, 2007 4:05 pm

why were mics removed from the cave? unless the cave working group oks it, no equipment should be taken out...

xx
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue May 15, 2007 4:22 pm

mics are removed as events ocassionally demand having more than 2 mics upstairs. we really need to get cave and events working together on equiptment rather than fighting each other for the availble resources. this means fixing broke stuff, and keeping better track of what belongs where and also haveing enough good gear to go around.
r