Behind the Scenes Working Group: thurs. 15th may ---8.30

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ravanwin

Behind the Scenes Working Group: thurs. 15th may ---8.30

Postby ravanwin » Thu May 15, 2008 9:34 pm

chombee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby chombee » Thu May 15, 2008 11:41 pm

I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

chombee

Postby chombee » Thu May 15, 2008 11:42 pm

I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...

Gaz

Postby Gaz » Fri May 16, 2008 12:06 pm

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Fri May 16, 2008 1:44 pm

dan

Postby dan » Fri May 16, 2008 1:51 pm

nix

Postby nix » Fri May 16, 2008 5:06 pm

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Fri May 16, 2008 6:31 pm

What about Kate's van? Saving Iceland crew also has a van...maybe it's available?

Can you make it work without the photocopier? It would be a real shame for it to get permanently fucked on the way out there, or because it's out in the damp and mud for the weekend... Could you take some sort of subscription list at the event and then mail out the zines? Might be cheaper than potentially ruining a photocopier.

dan

Postby dan » Fri May 16, 2008 7:21 pm

also i think free tea is a good one by the way! It will cost very little and bring people in and you can say 'free tea provided by the forest' and have the info sheets about the forest everywhere for people to take.

chombee

Postby chombee » Sun May 18, 2008 7:19 pm

Hey Nix, if you want some sort of mobile zine publishing, a laptop and a desktop printer and scanner seems like the way to go, because they are mobile, they are designed more to be moved around easily and not break. They are slower, but how much printing are you expecting to do?

A desktop computer and a standalone printer/copier seems totally wrong to me, those things are designed to be delivered to an office by professional deliverers and then not to be moved from the office. Also they suck a lot of power.

But, the meetings did you give you the authority to take the printer/copier, you don't have to back off just because we've bitched about it on this thread now, if you still want to go for it then do.

Return to “Minutes”