Events@ is bouncing

HGiles

Events@ is bouncing

Post by HGiles » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:43 am

Oh dear:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

events@theforest.org.uk

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Mailbox quota exceeded (state 14).
Can someone get in there and clear things out?

ChaoticReality

Re: Events@ is bouncing

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am

HGiles wrote:Oh dear:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

events@theforest.org.uk

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Mailbox quota exceeded (state 14).
Can someone get in there and clear things out?
I think the problem is that events@ forwards to Ryan and Birgit, but also goes into the mailbox. If they are just dealing with it from their own emails and never using the webmail to maintain the mailbox, it will just fill up and die, like it has.

I've temporarily increased the quota of that mailbox, but either someone needs to start looking after it or we can delete it and just leave the forwarders.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Martin

Post by Martin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:23 pm

If nobody's looking at it there then just delete it. So long as someone gets the mails it's not needed, is it?

birgit

Post by birgit » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:23 am

hi,
yep, we're both getting it to our own mail-accounts.
I'm not sure whether I have the password for the events-account - I'll look for it tomorrow and start deleting mails.
at the moment I guess it would be alright to delete the whole thing, but then again the person handling them is changing every few months so it might be good to keep the basic one...

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:56 am

I'll reset the password and empty the mailbox, so it can start refilling. That way when the time comes for someone to take over events@, they have easy access to the most recent mails.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

birgit

Post by birgit » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:57 am

thanks!